Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Braeden's Sick

Poor Braeden developed a 102 fever yesterday. The little guy was miserable, although Tylenol drops brought it down to 99. He had a rough night though. It doesn't help that we're having a mini heatwave, with temps near 100. I ran the air conditioning for him yesterday, something I try not to do - costs too much with central a/c.

This morning his temperature was 101 before Tylenol, but dropped back to normal and has remained there the rest of the day, his appetite has returned and so has his activity level, although I'm trying to keep him a bit quiet (not much luck). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that his fever doesn't come back tonight.

I called his pediatrician just to be on the safe side, but she said to just let it run its course, that he's picked up a little virus. That's what I figured, but I basically wanted the fever recorded on his chart. I think he's on the mend now.

The bee guys are coming next week to remove the hive underneath our roof. I'm not looking forward to that, but with 2 guys coming, hopefully they'll be able to finish in one day, then I can call the roof repair guys to take care of the damage from removing the hive. At least there aren't any more bees around. That was scary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any news on a surgery date for you?