Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Surgery's Over

I had my cataract surgery this morning. My inlaws were kind enough to arrive about 5:30 a.m. to take care of Braeden while DH and I were at the hospital. Nobody should have to be up at that early hour.

We had to be there at 7:00 a.m., my surgery was at 8:30 a.m. Everything went well. I won't know for 1-2 weeks how much vision I'll end up with, but I've got a lot more now than I had before the surgery, and my pupil's still dilated. It should be even better by morning. Before the surgery I was totally blind in that eye - the one that had cancer 4 years ago, which they treated with radiation, the radiation doing so much damage.

The surgery wasn't even uncomfortable even though I was awake throughout the procedure, and I've had no pain or anything. I've got 3 bottles of different drops to use 4 times a day for the next month, but at least I can use them all at the same time - confusing if I had to stagger them.

I go back to see the surgeon tomorrow (Wednesday) for a post-op check-up, but to me everything's fine. DH is off work this week to take care of Braeden - no bending or lifting for me for awhile, hopefully not for too long.

Brae was a tired little guy tonight, but he had a fun day and wasn't upset that daddy and mommy weren't here for awhile. Thanks for the prayers and support.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Hooray! I'm glad it's finally over for you. Hopefully you'll be good as new :)

Keep us posted