Saturday, July 26, 2008

Latest Zoo Trip

Off we all went last weekend to the zoo, us and 3 of DH's co-workers and their families. Braeden had a grea time seeing some of the bigger animals. He was running too fast down a pathway though, and took a tumble, getting his 2nd boo-boo, this time on his knee. Since then he's fallen 3 times and whacked the same spot. Par for the course at this age.

My eye surgery is scheduled for mid-August. I'm scared half to death about more surgery, but I really need it done. Being blind in one eye ain't fun, and I'm lucky there's a fix for my problem, unlike others who lose their vision for one reason or another. Bad timing that my SIL is arriving the day before my surgery and staying for the whole week. DH is taking the week off from work to take care of Braeden, since I'm not allowed to lift anything or bend over for awhile. Braeden's not used to my SIL or his grandparents for that matter, and they appear ready to descend on us to "watch" him. I'm going to need some rest after the surgery, and it won't help to hear Braeden crying because they're here. Oh well, it'll work out somehow.

Otherwise, everything is fine. Brae continues saying more and more words, doing more and more things. I still can't believe he'll be 2 years old in less than 2 months - scary where the time went.

No comments: